Easy date night ideas for those nights you want to stay in!
This post is sponsored by POP SECRET® but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
I love date night! It’s my favorite day of the week and I look forward to it the most. After a long work week, we love to spend some quality time together and most of the time we have a night in. I put together a list of some of our favorite at-home date night ideas that you may not have thought of before with a secret ingredient: POP SECRETⓇ popcorn! The Movie Theater Butter is my favorite kind of popcorn to eat while we spend time together by unwinding and having fun. I just order mine on Amazon so it comes straight to my door and I never have to leave the house to go get it. It’s awesome and dangerous haha! If you’re looking for some date night ideas, here’s some to add to your list!
At-Home Date Night Ideas
- Have a picnic on the floor: Lay out a blanket, gather your favorite foods and enjoy spending time together! My husband and I do this all the time. We turn on our favorite show or movie while having a delicious picnic!
- Make mocktails and eat your favorite snacks: Look on Pinterest for some drink ideas and try to recreate them at home! Pop some POP SECRETⓇ Movie Theater Butter and taste test the drinks you made.
- Stargaze in the backyard: If it’s a nice night, lay out a blanket and look up at the stars. I haven’t done this in a long time. I cannot wait for the weather to get warmer at night!
- Play card games: I love inviting another couple over and playing card games! We pop popcorn, eat snacks and play games all night long. It’s fun to see the competitive side of people and get to know them better throughout the night.
- Build a fort and watch movies: This is one of my favorite date night ideas! There’s nothing more cozy than building a fort, watching movies, eating popcorn and snuggling while we watch our favorite shows. We LOVE watching our shows!
- Play Would You Rather?: If get to know you questions are irrelevant, play Would You Rather and ask each other questions all night long. I guarantee you’ll be dying laughing by the end of the night.
- Watch a sports games together: We used to go over to our friends’ house and watch BYU football together for away games. Turn on your favorite sports team and cheer them on together!
- Have a “finger foods” only dinner: Make dinner together and ditch the utensils. Eat only with your hands! You can start easy by eating food like chicken tenders, tacos or all your favorite snacks like POP SECRETⓇ Movie Theater Butter. If you are feeling adventurous, go all out with a meal like spaghetti haha!
- Play the Newlywed game: Whether you’re dating, just married, or celebrating a milestone anniversary, the Newlywed game never gets old! We played this with some friends and it’s fun to see how well you truly know your better half.
- Record memories: This is one of the newest date night ideas that I had and I can’t wait to try it! I want to be better at recording memories with our camera. I want to record how we first met along with other stories while we were dating and first married. It would be such a fun momento to keep and show our future family.
- Break a record: If you are competitive, look up some of the world records and take turns trying to break them!
- Binge watch YouTube videos all night: This is one of the date night ideas that we do the most. We find funny YouTube videos from our favorite influencers or some cute animal compilations and eat snacks and popcorn together.
- Have a campout in the living room: Pull out a mattress and pile all the blankets and pillows in the house! We used to do this all the time while living in Utah and it’s one of my favorite memories from living in our first apartment.
- Facebook game: My husband and I did this one day. We read people’s Facebook statuses to each other and tried to guess who we were talking about. Some were SO hard but it’s a funny game to see how well you know what’s going on with your friends.
- Spa night: This is the perfect way to relax after a long week! Do a face mask and take turns giving each other massages.
- Work out: I feel like this is one of the date night ideas I need to do more often! Find a good workout online or turn on a cheesy one from the 80s. Have fun working out and spending time with one another.
- Create a mini photoshoot: Gather a bunch or props and take funny pictures together! Post your favorites to social media or keep them to yourselves. If you do post them, tag me. I would love to see them!
- Movie marathon with different actors, genre or series: This is such a fun idea! Attempt to watch all the movies in your favorite series or pick one actor and watch every single one of their movies (both good and bad!) Don’t forget to snuggle up together and make some POP SECRETⓇ Movie Theater Butter.
Those are just some of the date night ideas you can do! I hope no matter what you choose, you’ll include POP SECRETⓇ Movie Theater Butter popcorn! It’s one of my favorite snacks that reminds me of some of the best date nights I’ve ever had. Grab a box on Amazon to prepare for your next date night. If you have any other fun date night ideas, leave your suggestions in the comments below!