It’s my 25th birthday!
Yesterday was my 25th birthday! I can’t believe it! Growing up, I thought I would be at a different point in my life at 25 because I’m officially “old.” However, God had a different plan for me and I wouldn’t change that for the world. When I reflect from when I was 15 years old to now, I think a lot has changed but a part of me is still that girl who eats chocolate chip cookie dough by the spoonful and knows all the words to every Jonas Brothers song. When I woke up yesterday, I wrote an open letter/list to myself at 15 years old. It marks how much has changed in the past 10 years and it has the 25 things I learned in 25 years.
- The only person you need to impress is yourself
- Enjoy every season of life without yearning for the next.
- Surround yourself with people that bring you up and don’t tear you down.
- It’s okay to be constantly evolving.
- In-person relationships are the ones that matter the most.
- Anger is a choice.
- Education doesn’t end when you graduate.
- Kindness means more than you think and has lifelong effects.
- Put your needs before others without becoming selfish. You can’t pour from an empty cup.
- Self care is more important than you think.
- Be picky when it comes to choosing friends.
- Communication is everything for any relationship in life.
- Time is your most important asset. Spend it wisely.
- Compassion and empathy create the closest connections.
- You have two ears and one mouth. Listen!
- Spend time with yourself.
- Don’t be afraid to leave the situation.
- Ask for help/clarification often.
- Throw all your preconceived notions out the window!
- Be vulnerable when necessary.
- Follow your own path.
- Let your personality shine!
- It’s okay to be different. That’s what makes you you.
- Find your soulmate.
- Make the life you want to live.
Life will get better, just you wait. The best is yet to come!