Some of our favorite traditions during the most wonderful time of the year!
During the holidays, it can get so crazy and we forget to have fun. This year we wanted to change all of that. Taz and I haven’t been married very long, but we have been working on making some of our own traditions during the Christmas season. Combining all our favorite things, we made a Christmas bucket list of all the things we want to do during the month of December.
- See the Christmas Lights
- Open a gift on Christmas Eve
- Build gingerbread houses
- Decorate sugar cookies
- Hang up Christmas lights
- Decorate the Christmas Tree
- Think of ways to Light the World and give service to others
- Reconnect with family members
- Make homemade hot chocolate
- Watch cheesy Netflix movies (I love the Christmas Prince and The Christmas Chronicles)
- Watch Christmas movies (Our favorites are Jingle All the Way and The Santa Claus)
- Read a book
- Go see a movie as a family
- Celebrate “Christmas Around the World” by completing a Christmas tradition from another country
- Get new Christmas pajamas
- Go on a date to see The Nutcracker
- Plan a vacation (either in town or away)
- Take family photos
- Listen to Christmas music all month long!
- Go totally Internet free for at least one day
- Pay it forward by buying someone else’s meal
- Read The Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
- Understand the reason for the season
- Get a peppermint milkshake from Chick-fil-A (one of my very favorite things!)
- Create memories not stress
These are a few things we hope to accomplish on our Christmas Bucket List this year. The most important ones are to remember the reason for the season and to create memories not stress. Enjoy spending time with loved ones this year! Let me know what is on your Christmas bucket list in the comments below! Merry Christmas!