A makeup tutorial on the best ways to use, clean, and store oval brushes
Every week, I am trying to do a quick makeup tutorial to give some easy makeup looks to you. I watch a LOT of YouTube videos and many people rave about how incredible oval brushes are. I wanted to try them for myself and My Makeup Brush Set contacted me to test out their makeup brushes. I’ve used mine over the past month and I love seeing the finish it leaves on my skin. I wanted to walk you through the step by step process on how to use oval brushes to set your makeup.
Oval Brushes Makeup Tutorial
- Foundation: I found that my largest oval brushes work wonders on my foundation. Typically, I use a beauty blender, but since using an oval brush, I prefer it. My foundation is even and lasts all day without creasing. I put a few drops on the back of my hand or directly on the brush and buff it onto my face until it is the consistency that I like.
- Concealer: The same things can be said when it comes to concealer too. I use the second largest brush to conceal dark circle and uneven spots on my face for an even complexion.
- Eyeshadow: I use the third largest brush to add eyeshadow to my eyelids. It works great with blending and adding pigment. I dip it into my color of choosing and buff it onto my lids until I get the desired intensity.
- Eyeshadow/Eyeliner: This small angled brush works great in the crease of my eyelid or with a liquid eyeliner.
- Contour: I use the smallest round brush with my contour. It fits the best in the hollows of my cheeks and can be built up as light or dark as I want.
- Blush: I go back to my foundation brush and apply a cream blush on my cheeks. It smoothes like butter and I can’t get over how soft oval brushes are.
Storage and Washing
Once I am finished with my brushes, I store them in a brush container with the bristles up in order for them to be kept in the best condition possible. Once a week, I also wash them with an incredible cleaning solution that cleans and dries them within minutes so they are ready for another use.
That’s my easy way of how to use oval brushes to set your makeup. When I use oval brushes, I never have to set my makeup with a spray because of the texture the brushes leave on my face. It’s almost like the look of airbrushing which I LOVE! If you want to get a set of your own to test them out, use code SAVEWITHKAYLAJSMITH to get 10% off your order. The brush set I got is already under 20 bucks so you know it’s a good deal! Let me know if there’s anything you want me to test and try out.